Term 2 2015
There are 7 sessions, consisting of an Introductory Session, then 5 weeks of debating, followed by a two semi-finals and the Grand Final
Session 1 Week 1 Wednesday 15 April – Introduction to the program
Teams introduce themselves,
The Basics of Debating,
Rules & protocols,
Mental and Vocal Fluency Exercises,
Speaking & Listening Games,
Practice these tongue-twisters:
1. ‘Red leather, yellow leather ( x 10 times quickly)
2. She stood on the balcony inexplicably mimicking him hiccupping, and amicably welcoming him in. (x5)
3. Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches? (x5)
4. Lovely lemon liniment. (x5)
5. Flash message! Flash message! Flash message! (x5)
Mental and vocal fluency exercises
1. 30 second ‘Rabbit on’
2. If this was mine, I would …….
3. The quick brown fox jumps swiftly over the lazy dog.
5. Word at a time story (Suddenly … Unexpectedly …)
6. No you didn’t!
7. I’m going on a trip, and I’m taking a …
Having a look at the Scoresheet Template
Constructing Persuasive Arguments,
Logical Fallacies. Eg Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Slippery Slope.
30 Second & 60 Second Impromptu Speeches.